Electrocution: A 24-year-old man died of electrocution while using a treadmill at a gym in Sector 15 in Northwest Delhi’s Rohini Tuesday, the police said. The deceased has been identified as Saksham, a resident of Sector 19 in Rohini. As per the police, they received a call from the Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital about the man’s death Tuesday evening.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) G S Sidhu said, “The call came to the K N K Marg police station. The local police reached the hospital and learned that the man was brought to the BSA hospital in an unconscious state from a gym in Sector 15, and he died there later.”
“He was last seen using a treadmill at the gym and suffered an electric shock during the exercise. Based on the medico-legal case and post-mortem report, we have registered a case against the gym owners and the management,” said a senior police officer. The deceased worked at a firm in Gurgaon. The accused has been identified as gym manager Anubhav Duggal
The police arrested one of the accused and booked him under Indian Penal Code sections 287 (negligent conduct with respect to machinery) and 304A (causing death by negligence).
Article Source: indianexpress.com