During his address, PM Modi announced that India and France have reached an agreement on use of UPI in France, which will start from the Eiffel Tower. He also said that Indian students pursuing Masters in France can now get 5-year long post-study visa.
Here are the top quotes from PM Modi’s address …
* Wherever we go, we create a “mini-India” there, PM Modi tells diaspora
* I am grateful today that I got to seek blessings from all of you.
* I’ve been to France many times before. But this visit is particularly important. Tomorrow is France’s National Day. I congratulate the people of France.
* When I hear ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ abroad, I feel I have come home.
* Footballer Kylian Mbappe probably has more fans in India than in France.
* In 10 years, India went from the 10th largest economy in the world to the 5th largest economy. The whole world believes that India won’t take long to become a $5 trillion economy.
People-to-people connect is the strongest foundation of the India-France partnership. India and France are tackling many challenges of the 21st century. Therefore, at this crucial time, the importance of the strategic partnership between our countries has increased even more
* I am perhaps the first member of Alliance Française in Ahmedabad, which is the cultural centre of France in the country.
* Today, the world is moving towards new world order. The capability and the role of India is changing fast. At this time, India is the President of the G20 group. It’s for the first time, in a country’s Presidency, that more than 200 meetings are being held across the country.
* Mahatma Gandhi said that France has taught the world the meaning of the words “liberty, equality and fraternity” when he visited the country.
* India is mother of democracy, model of diversity.
* Be it climate change, supply chains, counter-terrorism or counter-radicalism, the world is looking to India.
* The world’s oldest language, Tamil, originates from India.
* A few days ago, Wimbledon described Tennis legend Roger Federer as “Thalaiva” (leader, boss). This diversity is our democracy’s biggest power. Every Indian is realising his or her dream due to this power.
* In its recent report, UN noted that India has managed to pull 415 million people out of poverty. This is bigger than the population of Europe. It’s even bigger than the population of US.\
* India is first country in world where remittance from its diaspora has crossed $100 billion.
* Today’s India is finding solutions to its present challenges and decades-old issues. We have a resolve that we won’t lose any opportunity.
* The countdown for Chandrayaan-3 has begun. The historic launch will take place in a few hours. Just like space, there are various sectors where India-France ties can contribute to the global development.
* 46% of real-time digital transactions globally are happening in India. Whenever you come to India, there is no need to carry any cash. Just download the UPI app on your phone and you will not require a single penny in cash.
* India and France have signed a pact on UPI. Indian tourists can soon pay in rupees when they visit the iconic Eiffel Tower.
* Hundreds of years ago, Indian soldiers protecting the pride of France, were martyred on French soil while performing their duty. Punjab Regiment, one of the regiments that took part in the war here, is going to participate in the National Day Parade tomorrow.
* Indians studying Masters in France will get a 5-year long term post-study visa.